Food Review - Cilok from Tahu Sumedang Renyah at Tanjung Morawa

Fattummy.id rating : 5/10

This is my first time having cilok and I buy them from @tahusumedangrenyah in Tanjung Morawa.
My first impression is really weird.

The texture is very chewy, almost like chewing a dense gum-ball.
Hard to describe though.
Funny and too weird for me.
Maybe because this is my first time. 😂😂
The peanut sauce definitely got the umami flavour and a hint of spiciness, but it's too salty for me.
My friends love it though but maybe this delicacy is not for me.

Basically, cilok is Indonesian chewy snack balls with peanut sauce.
It's a popular snack in Bandung and can be found in most of cities in West Java.
To describe, it's chewy savory tapioca snack balls, usually filled with cheese, beef floss, sliced hotdog, quail egg and traditionally filled with beef fat.
Usually topped with peanut sauce, dark soy sauce and red chili sauce.

#fattummylocal #fattummyid#fattummyasian



Location 

Tahu Sumedang Renyah
Bandar Labuhan, Tanjung Morawa, Deli Serdang Regency, North Sumatra 20362
Open : 10am - 10pm

Comments

Popular Posts